The technological advancements brought us to the point where we have numerous options when it comes to fencing, so it became difficult to determine which one is the best for your specific needs. You can choose various options from chain link, vinyl, iron, but wood fencing has a long tradition among homeowners.
The main reason why wood fencing is convenient is that it can be cut into any size and height and you can use any color to make it look more appealing. It is an excellent addition to your home’s decor and perfect option if you want your house to have a white picket fence as in the movies you watched.
Apart from being an aesthetically appealing fencing option, we will present you other advantages of choosing wooden fencing:
Affordable Price Tag
Wood fencing is one of the most affordable ways to protect your household, and since it is cheap material, you will be able to use it and maintain it with ease.
Other options and types are more expensive and more difficult to install and product, which is why you should go for a wooden alternative in case that you have a minimal budget.
Since wood is a natural and abundant resource, you can find it in numerous shapes and types, which will increase the aesthetic appealing for the budget-friendly price tag.
Durable and Adaptable
If you want to find an outstanding fence with a fantastic appearance that will stand the test of time, you should think of wooden material. It is vital to see a professional that will make it and install it properly, and according to studies, it can last for decades.
However, you will have to properly maintain it and add protection against weather conditions which could be considered as a disadvantage but if you have in mind the cheap price tag that you will get with it you can rest assured all the way.
It is a great investment that will pay itself off in time. Since wood can withstand any paint job and color as well as shade, you will be able to customize and adapt it per your requirements completely.
It is simple to make sure that fence matches the household structures, which will ultimately increase the value of your home in a case that you wish to sell it in the future.
Increase Property Value
Having a wood fence will increase your household’s appeal, which will lead to increased property value as well.
Since the wood fencing is a mandatory accessory that will provide both aesthetic appeal and protection, buyers love it which means that you will have bigger chances of selling it afterward. If you want to learn how to build a wooden fence by yourself, you should click here.
Advantages of Wood Fencing
- Since it is inexpensive when compared with other materials, you will be able to purchase it for large properties, and if you have a limited budget. You can also choose high-quality boards that will make a worth a fraction of cost when compared with other materials such as aluminum or vinyl.
- Wood tends to be versatile and adaptable. Of course, everything depends on the type of wood that you choose, but it could vary from light to dark, and you can easily use it for various construction projects of fencing. You can also paint them per your convenience without any additional hassle. Apart from that, you can customize both height and designs which will not affect the overall budget.
- Wood fencing is a way better choice than other materials because you will be able to build it yourself. Fence boards are convenient and light so a single person can easily carry them, and you will need a few tools to finish everything.
Disadvantages Of Wood Fencing
- It is difficult to maintain them, especially in humid areas that are prone to snow and rain. The rot is a standard problem, and you will be able to deal with it by adding water-resistant sealant on a regular basis.
- Wood tends to attract insects such as termites, and these destructive pests will damage the fence, but they can quickly spread to your home and cause further devastation.
- Everything depends on the soil you’re building a fence, but some boards can quickly sink into the ground which will cause structural damage to the fence. That is why you have to install an underground concrete base that will prevent this particular problem.