Your kitchen is a place to eat, cook, laugh and enjoy each other’s company. Since it is an integral part of the house, you should decorate it to inspire great food, memories and enjoyment. Here are some tips on how you can bring new life to your kitchen:
Replace Your Kitchen Doors
You can replace kitchen doors and breathe new life to your kitchen. With numerous kitchen door ranges available on the market, you will definitely find the perfect doors for your kitchen. There is a selection of styles from Shaker chic to modern flair. Whether you want to make minor changes or your whole kitchen, you can hire professionals to handle everything for you, and you will save time and money.
Choose Your Cabinets
Kitchen cabinets can monopolise your kitchen’s visual wall space and you should make them your first choice for your kitchen upgrade. Here is what you should know about your options of cabinets:
- Porcelain-tile kitchen cabinets are an excellent new option that looks almost the same as wood for 50% of the price.
- Cabinets with plywood or wood panels plus solid wood frames are fashionable, budget-friendly and sturdy.
- Laminate is the most affordable option for cabinets. It is easy to clean, durable and comes in various patterns and colours.
- Refinishing the outside part of your cabinets is a great choice rather than replacing them entirely for a new look without busting your budget.
- You can install wall-mounted shelves if you want to add more storage space to your small kitchen without having to splurge on new cabinets.
If DIY-type changes are not on the agenda, you can go for the next best thing, which is accessories. You can decorate your counter with a bowl that’s full of seasonal fruit (banana bunches, vibrant apples and mini pumpkins are all great choices) and add a bright bouquet or lush green plant to the room.
Do Not Neglect Your Windows
Another way to breathe new life into your kitchen is a fresh window treatment. Just like paint, window treatments offer almost unlimited options. You can choose from plantation shutters, neutral curtains, colourful blinds and more. If a little light can stream through, all the better; you will like the feel of a bright, sunny kitchen.
Place Artwork or Personal Photographs on Open Wall Spaces
Open wall spaces create a vast emptiness feeling. Fill these spaces with personal photographs or an unexpected piece of artwork. If you are cramped for space, the empty wall can serve as a perfect location for placing open shelving. The open shelving can hold everything from coffee mugs to cookbooks.
Organise Your Kitchen
There are so many pieces in the kitchen that can threaten to overtake counter space. They include dish racks, small appliances, utensils and more. Try to organise even one element, and you will notice that there is a big difference. You can use oversized jars to hold the utensils in an easily accessible place.
Buy a Plug-In Pendant or Light Chandelier
A plug-in pendant light or chandelier is an excellent choice for the kitchen because it is quick and economical. Also, it adds dramatic ambience to a highly-functional space, while serving as the focal point of your kitchen.